I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!


There are many things in this world that as individuals we strive for. Whether that be saving up for a new house, a new car, or even a holiday. For me, it’s currently the latter.

I’m entering my final year at university, and I’m planning on doing so many things following my graduation. However, whether those things happen are all dependant on two things: whether I actually have the guts to do them, and whether I have the money to make it all happen.

Now, the one thing I am certainly looking forward to is setting myself a goal and hopefully, fingers crossed, I meet it.

The first plan that was laid down with my parents was a trip to Florida to visit Disneyworld. Now, I’ve been there twice so it wasn’t really about me, it was more for my parents to go for their very first visit! We began planning, looking into prices and when the best dates would be and we settled it down to September 2018, which would give us just about enough time to gather together the funds needed. After all, it’s a very expensive trip.

However, days went on and my parents and I began to realise how unrealistic the whole thing was. It was just not doable, unfortunately. Considering we had a ‘big’ holiday last year with a visit to Las Vegas, we realised how difficult it was to get everything sorted in a relatively short period of time. So, the plans were neglected and forgotten about. Of course, it was with sadness that we had to do that but we quickly began looking into more realistic and achievable goals.

That’s where we come to where we are at the moment: Disneyland Paris. My dad was the one to suggest it, saying that he has always wanted to go to France, and I, too, have always shared that wish. Going to France itself would be satisfying but when Disneyland Paris was thrown down on the cards, the excitement increased in its thousands. Not to mention when we began throwing around possible dates and we came to the conclusion of it being this year; December this year.

Last December, we celebrated a milestone birthday for my Mum but because of how busy the year had been, we never got around to organising anything special. Not only that, with my Mum’s birthday being so close to Christmas, it’s always difficult to, financially and physically, plan anything. However, this year, we’re deciding to throw all of our eggs in one basket and indulge in a trip of many purposes: Christmas, my Mum’s birthday, a university celebration, and just the general need of a family holiday.

Disneyland Paris is brilliant if you just want to satisfy the need of wanting to spend a few days immersed in the Disney experience at a fraction of the cost of going allllll the way to Florida.

So now we come to yesterday. Just before a trip to the cinema with my Mum, she perks up and says, “let’s go and speak to a few travel agents, get an idea,” and I couldn’t say no. We visited the small selection of travel agents available in our town and gathered together some prices and ideas and found a great deal with Thomas Cook (who I have a soft spot for, shh). The travel agent, Jennie, was ever so helpful and friendly, catering everything we needed and finding us the best deals to do a holiday on a fairly short-term notice. And we got it!

Therefore, here I am, writing this post just before I pick up the phone to confirm the holiday and pay the deposit. Me, pay for it. I am paying for it, as an independent adult, with a savings account that I’ve accumulated myself. I have to say that I am incredibly proud of myself.

There it is, I’m going to Disneyland Paris at Christmas time!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.