FEBRUARY FAVOURITES.

New year, who dis?

LOOK WHO'S BACK! We're three months into the new year and I'm only just making my big return, whoops. But I guess this has been down to the severe lack of motivation I have been feeling since entering 2018. January just lasted forever, didn't it? And February was just a bearer of bad news every. single. day.

But now I'm back! And what better thing to start off with than my February favourites! So, keep reading on if you want to see what I enjoyed through the month of February, despite it being a month of be basically crying every day. 

First off, what did I watch?! Well, I needed something that would cheer me up, big time. I was on Twitter one night and stumbled across a really, really old meme and it made me think back to a dated YouTube video that I watched over and over back in like... 2008 or something. It was Jacksepticeye's gameplay of Goat Simulator. I gave it a rewatch and found myself going through his videos on autoplay. 


The most important thing I found was that Jacksepticeye's videos were making me smile, even though I was feeling utterly terrible. And that was JUST what I needed throughout February. Many nights I spent up until the early hours of the morning, as it was the only time I had to myself, watching his videos and it was bliss. 

A fair warning if you've never watched Jacksepticeye's videos before, he swears. A lot. ðŸ˜‚

On the very first day of February, I met up with my lovely, lovely friend Lola (who has a blog that you should definitely check out!) and we had a splendid museum day out. And much like every other day out, we ended up in Covent Garden - this meant that we had to take a look in the recently added Deciem store, home to The Ordinary brand. I'm quite new to their products but I've had good experiences. This meant that when we found their foundations - and their cheap price at just under £6 - we both had to try them out. 


What I thought was interesting about The Ordinary's range of foundations is their variety. On their website, they have a handy guide which shows you through their different shades which all have different undertones - whether it be pink or silver highlights - and is incredibly useful. Especially since a lot of the brand's products can be quite confusing to understand. 

I hadn't done any research and I hadn't heard any reviews of the foundation, I just thought I would go in blind and test it myself. And it's safe to say that I love it! The biggest compliment I have of the product is the spreadability of it. You only need the smallest amount and it covers your face. Of course, this could depend on how much coverage you want but the foundation advertises itself as being a high coverage product. But overall, I've really enjoyed using it and I would definitely buy it again. 

The last couple of days of February have seen the UK blanketed with snow, plummeting the temperatures down into the minus. Because of the cold, I've been quick to step up my skincare whilst being out and about if need be. One of my favourite things is lip balm. For Christmas, I got a few good selections of lip balms, a lot of them being Nivea. I have quite weird and sensitive skin and have always found that Nivea has been the best for me. I received a set which came with some face moisturiser and two different lip balms. But my favourite has been the Nivea Lip Care Pearly Shine, which retails at around £2. 


It is beautiful! It leaves my lips lovely and moisturised whilst adding a little shine, which is great for when I particularly can't be bothered to do any makeup! But primarily, in this cold weather, the protection is what is most important and it has definitely eliminated the dryness! 

Anybody who knows me will know my obsession with candles and essential oils. So, after a trip to Birmingham Indoor Market and my favourite stall, I picked up some new essential oils for my aroma diffuser in my bedroom. However, no new scent will replace my ultimate favourite: Frankincense and Myrrh. 


Now, I know what you're thinking; doesn't that smell like Christmas? Actually, it doesn't but even if it did, I LOVE CHRISTMAS. But seriously, it is one of my favourite scents and it makes my room smell delicious! It's not too sweet or sickly, it's perfect. 

Finally, something else I've been putting on my face. Eyeliner! Over Christmas, I kinda gave eyeliner a break, and January was just a month where I didn't really bother with my makeup. So for February, I decided to treat myself to some new eyeliner. Of course, with it being the hard times of the financial months after Christmas, I was looking for cheapness over goodness, aha! I decided to go for the MUA Eye Define Felt Liner, retailing at £2. I was still a newbie when it came to MUA. After all, I'm a Revolution girl but I thought I'd give it a go. 


Overall, I like it. It's not perfect, if I'm completely honest, as it does smudge after a good few hours of wear. On my eyelid, it's perfect and stays in tact but the wing does become messy eventually. However, I will still continue to use it as the application is super smooth and dries super quickly (an important factor for impatient people like me!). I will probably move on to a different brand once I think this eyeliner has had it's time. It's not terrible but I do believe there is probably better eyeliners out there for around the same price.

But we shall see! Today, we welcome the first day of March, my favourite month. Definitely not because it's my birthday month... 

In the meantime, I hope to post more regularly, and definitely before my March favourite blog post! 

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you around again soon.

Becca x

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.