HELLO AGAIN.


Well, it sure has been a while since I've been on here. It sure has been a while since I have sat down at my desk, with my laptop, and written down my thoughts and feelings. 

Why have you chosen to come back now, I hear you (probably not) ask? I believe that enough has happened since the last time I posted, enough to put into a couple of blog posts, at least. I guess we will see how long it lasts. But to be fair to myself, I did post for a good while before this gigantic hiatus that I am now coming back from. 

I guess the best place to start at is with a little bit of an overview of my life in the past year of being vacant. Of course, if anybody who reads this has me on any of my socials, you will kind of be in the know of how my life is going right now. But if not, strap yourself in and I'll try to do my best to fill you in. 

The last post I put on this blog was about finishing my part-time job down in London, all ready to move back home and to settle into graduate life. I am very much back home now, in the Midlands, where I am so much happier. I do not want to take advantage of the time that I had in London - some people can only dream of being able to live in London for 3 years but those 3 years were enough for me. I am so much happier being able to visit on occasion and to enjoy the city as a visitor and not a resident. The only thing I miss about being in London is being so close to my friends. But we make it work. 

Leaving London also meant that a big chapter in my life closed and that was university. All the blood, sweat and tears over handing in assignments and revising for exams had finally come to an end in the form of a piece of paper, telling me that I'd got a 2:1 degree in Criminology, Policing and Forensics. But graduation day was fun! My mum, dad, sister and niece all attended and had a lovely day in sunny, sunny Wembley Stadium. Here are a few pictures from the day: 



Finishing university meant that I then had to deal with the daunting reality of being an adult in the real world. This meant sorting my life out and getting myself a proper job. Before I went on a blogging hiatus, I blogged about the final stages of being in the process of becoming cabin crew. 

Well, whilst I sit and write this, I have got 6 months of cabin crew experience beneath my belt because your gal got her training date, smashed it all and is now fully qualified to point out your emergency exits!

It was 2 days before Christmas when I got the all-important phone call, informing me that I would be on the first training course of the season, starting in the second week of February. FEBRUARY?! THAT'S SO SOON! They were my initial thoughts and the panic set in. But as the day got closer and closer, the panic turned to excitement.

I then went on to spend 4 whole weeks with the most kind and caring fellow colleagues through some rather rigorous training. There were a lot of tears but a whole lot more smiles. Again, have some pictures to show that I did keep smiling throughout it all:




Those 4 weeks were definitely the hardest 4 weeks of my entire life. But I can sit here and say, with a huge smile on my face, that it was so worth it. Since then, I have done 60 flights over 20 routes, to 22 airports in 10 different countries, within 4 different regions. In total, I have flown 92,153 miles and have loved every mile. 

Here I have shown the two biggest things to have happened in my life since I was last blogging. But since then, I have also had a fair share of other things happen. I've dated. I experienced a very short relationship. I made new friends. I've lost friends. I've lost weight. I've lost pets. I've gained confidence. I've been set back. I've been happy. I've been sad. I've travelled to new places. I've locked myself in the house all day. I've bought a car. I'm learning to drive. I've booked my driving test. I've done things I never thought I'd ever do. I've kissed. I've hugged. I've cried. I've laughed. A lot. 

With these new life experiences, I hope to be able to blog about a few new things. 

So, I guess I'll see you back here soon. 

x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.