AS ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER ONE OPENS.


Today marks the last day of my little part-time job down here in London. This can only mean one thing… that my time in London is almost over.

Three years ago, little ol’ me who was terrified of ever leaving the house and incredibly homesick, packed up her things and moved out to study down in London. And now, I’m saying goodbye to the people I have called my colleagues for a little over a year and packing up my things to move out of my dingy little room.

But for as much as I am sad about this, I am excited. I am sad about leaving the life of London but I am excited about returning to my life in the Midlands with all of my family. I am sad about leaving the friends I have made at work but I am excited to meet new ones in the form of my fellow cabin crew members.

But the most important thing is that I am proud of myself. I am proud that in the last three years, I have conquered so many of my fears and I have done things that I never thought I would do. Did I ever think I would live in the country’s capital, where millions of people are walking the streets beside me? Nope, absolutely not and I have done that. Yes, I may be exhausted and I may have had a good few blips here and there, but I did it. Did ever think I would meet a few friends who I can honestly say will be my friends forever? Nope, but I have. ]

I’ve had my fair share of bad times whilst in London but I have to think about all that I have done because I have done so much. Much more than I thought I was capable of.

And now, my final hurdle is to overcome the tough times ahead during the training of my new job but it will all be worth it in the end because I can look back and say to myself, “I did it".

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.